Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Who Has Mastered the Way?

"I do not write as someone who has mastered the way, but as someone who has been walking it, though often clumsily, for several decades of my life."

That is a quote from Marianne Williamson, someone I have begun reading only recently, but it relates to why I am writing this blog. I do not claim to be a guru or enlightened master, but I have been studying mysticism and self development for some forty years now, and want to offer a little light to others walking the same way.

I actually believe there is only One Way, the differences are illusory between all the different "ways", whether you call them "religion", "science", spiritual development", meditation", "yoga", "New Age", or any other label you may want to use. They all come from and return to the same Source. (See my previous post: Teaching Stories, it talks about One Truth)

Along the way, I have come upon many useful ideas, from many sources, and my goal here is to share the best of them, hopefully in a light-hearted manner. (I believe anyone who claims to be spiritual, but lacks a sense of humor, is either lying, or deluded. The more spiritually developed people I have met all laugh easily, and often, especially at themselves. )

No comments: