Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Perfect Kindness

I was reading Bob Burg's blog today, he wrote a post about thoughtfulness. One of the comments reminded me of one of my favorite sayings, "Perfect kindness acts without thinking of kindness."

I added a comment to Bob's blog, but wanted to talk a little more about thoughtfulness and kindness. There is such a pervasive sense of doom and gloom everywhere I go, at least partly caused by all the bad news in the traditional media.

This blog is one of my responses to the pervasive darkness, one small thing I do to try and add some brightness to the world. Hopefully, it helps brighten your day a little, and brings you a smile or a laugh when you need it.

Out in the "real" world, being thoughtful of other people, even in small ways, can make a big difference. Just a kind word, or a smile, can often make the difference between someone having a good day or a bad day. (I also read about some research that demonstrated that people witnessing an act of kindness, without any active participation on their part, are positively affected, and their brains produce more feel good endorphins, as do the people actively
involved .) So, if you act kindly towards another person, not only will you feel better, and make them feel better, everyone who sees the act will also benefit. A small act of kindness can have a very large ripple effect.

So, be extra nice to someone today. And smile!

No comments: