Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lewis Carrol's Birthday

In 1832, in Daresbury, Cheshire, England, Lewis Carroll was born. (His real name was Charles Dodgson, Lewis Carroll was his pen name.)

He is perhaps best known for writing Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass, but he was also an accomplished mathematician and photographer.

His poem "Jabberwocky", which appeared in Through the Looking Glass (and What Alice Found There), is one of my personal favorites, and always makes me smile.

Tim Burton is about to release a film version of Alice in Wonderland, you can see the official trailer here. It's due for release March 5, 2010, and stars Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. I saw a preview of the Imax 3-D version, and plan to see it in Imax 3-D when it comes out. I will post a review here after I see it.

No comments: