Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Some Thoughts About Work

My last post was about working towards your goals, and I shared some of my thinking on the subject. Today, I want to share some of my favorite quotes on work.


"Tomorrow is the day reserved for the labor of the lazy. I am not lazy. Tomorrow is the day when failure will succeed. I am not a failure. I will act now. Success will not wait. If I delay, success will become wed to another and lost to me forever. This is the time. This is the place. I am the person."
Og Mandino

"I have learned, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
Henry D Thoreau

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Samuel Goldwyn

"When I work fourteen hours a day, seven days a week, I get lucky."
Armand Hammer

This next ones are not specifically about work, but I think they are relevant anyway.

"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another."
Ernest Hemingway

"I slept and dreamt that life was joy.
I awoke and saw that life was service.
I acted and behold, service was joy."
Rabindranath Tagore

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit."
Aristotle

"Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen, but give us the determination to make the right things happen."
Peter Marshall


And I want to close with a great quote from Bob Proctor:

"It's a strange thing, you have said it thousands of times I am sure… you will never know what you can do until you try. However the sad truth is, that most people never try anything until they know they can do it."
Bob Proctor

No comments: