Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lighten Up!

Those of you who follow me on twitter (look for me under username ecdumchus) know I stopped reading or listening to the news some time ago.

I found that just taking this step made me feel much better psychologically, without the constant input of gloom and doom about the world economy. I have been reading a small local newspaper which has news which directly affects me, things like road closings, local parades and events, but nothing about the economic sky falling.

I strongly urge everyone reading this to do the same. Unplug from the gloom and doom merchants, find something that makes you feel good. Even better, find something that makes you feel good and brings value into the world. Don't worry about getting paid for what you can do as much as what kind of value you can create in the world.

People focusing on bringing value to the economic table is the quickest way to get the economy growing again. It will not happen because of government bailouts, no matter how well intentioned.

Anyway, in the interest of lightening things up, I am making a commitment to begin regularly posting to this blog again, and encourage anyone who has a positive contribution to offer, to leave comments here.

Let's brighten the world! There has been enough darkness.

No comments: